If you’ve written a fantasy, science fiction, or speculative fiction book that you would like to submit to The A-Zs of Worldbuilding for review, you’re in the right place! We’ll even review non-fiction that is relevant to worldbuilding and writing!
Are you interested in reviewing books for The A-Zs of Worldbuilding? If so, please go here for more information!
Here’s how the review process will work:
- We can refuse a to review a book at any time, for any reason. We’ll be reasonable about it, though.
- Please limit submissions to books released within the last five (5) years, or books coming out within the next year.
- There will be no date reservations.
- However, in the event that a book submitted is an Advance Reader Copy (ARC), we will do our best to read and review it by the release date.
- The sooner an ARC is submitted, the better. If possible, please submit it at least 6-12 weeks in advance of your release date.
- Priority will be given to book review submissions in this order:
- Advance Reader Copies
- Print/ebooks gifted to us by readers.
- Books nominated that we have to acquire ourselves.
- If a submitted book is part of a series but is not the FIRST book in a series, we may refuse the submission on that grounds alone.
- Reviews for fiction books will be weighted as such for the final score calculation:
- Worldbuilding – 35%
- Readability – 30%
- Plot/Structure – 20%
- Characterization – 15%
- If a fiction book scores less than 20% on Worldbuilding, 15% on Readability, 10% on Plot/Structure, or 7% on Characterization, and/or has a total combined score of less than 60%, a review will not be posted on The A-Zs of Worldbuilding.
- We will accept submissions of non-fiction books for review which fall into these specific categories:
- Worldbuilding. (Obviously.)
- Historical or reference books relevant to worldbuilding (preferably written in laymen’s terms, so generally not textbooks).
- Writing craft.
- Reviews for non-fiction books will be weighted as such for the final score calculation:
- Readability – 40%
- Relevancy to Worldbuilding OR Writing Craft – 40%
- Sleepiness Factor – 20%
- If a non-fiction book scores less than 25% on Readability, 25% on Worldbuilding/Writing Craft Relevancy, or 10% on Sleepiness Factor, and/or has a total combined score of less than 60%, a review will not be posted on The A-Zs of Worldbuilding.
- We reserve the right to make exceptions to any of these rules at any time. But it will not happen often.
More information about our review criteria can be found here.